Publications on Geodesy 6 (Vol. 2 Nr. 2). Delft, 1966. 35 pagina's.
ISBN-13: 978 90 6132 206 1. ISBN-10: 90 6132 206 5.
A procedure is described and diagrams are given for selecting the most favourable stars for the determination of local time by observing their meridian transits. It is assumed that for the observations and computations the suggestions given in the International Geophysical Year's "Instruction Manual VIII, Longitude and Latitude", are followed.
- Summary 5
- Introduction 5
- Method of observing and reducing 5
- Computation of the azimuth and the chronometer correction 6
- Variances and covariance of ΔTm and α 7
- Variance of the Laplace quantity 8
- Numerical values of (ml2) or j 8
- Selection of stars. Diagrams 10
- Some remarks with the diagrams 10
- Literature 14
- Diagrams 15